Kwendi TV Promo Monitor: channel Ukraina achieved the leading share of voice in on-air promo of autumn season 2019 among TOP-6 channels
According to the results of Kwendi TV Promo Monitor, research of promo activity of Ukranian TV channels, the share of voice of channel Ukraina by total GRPs% of on-air promo in August-November 2019 was 5 times bigger than the same indicator of Inter channel.
Channel Ukraina held its first place during 13 of 14 weeks (1+1 took a lead once), Inter was on the last position in TOP-6 during all the period. The peak of STB activity was in the second half of September, ICTV made its maximum in the second half of October.
TOP-3 projects were Dizel Show and Pes-5 series (ICTV), as well as Dancing with the Stars (1+1), besides Dizel Show got two times more GRPs%, than Velyki Vuiky series (1+1), which took the 4th place.
1+1 has 4 projects in TOP-10 which is more than for any other competitor. Channel Ukraina used half of its GRPs% for mini-series and feature films promo. The same two channels actively used menu-board format — it took 21% of all Ukraina’s GRPs% and 13% for 1+1.
Kwendi TV Promo Monitor study is carried out monthly and includes information on PR activity of Ukranian channels and the volume of their direct advertising. Since October 2019, the research contains the analysis of their on-air promo. Complete research results are available to Kwendi customers.
Comments to methodology
We valued the weights (total amount of ratings) for the following promo formats by Communication Alliance classification:
- Program announcement / advertising-announcement, including menu-boards (description — announcement program guide).
- Announcement (advertising cutoff) / advertising-announcement (advertising cutoff)
- Program announcement — announcement episode for channel’s project, which is situated in announcement block
- Advertising-announcement (advertising cutoff) — sponsor is mentioned in the announcement of the project
- Announcement (advertising cutoff) — announcement of the project, as a rule, up to 10 seconds, which is situated in advertising bumper (sign “advertising” is present)
TV audience research data belongs to TIC. Panel Operator — Nielsen; monitoring — Communication Alliance. Data is provided by Kwendi Media Audit. Data is calculated for the audience 18-54 in the cities 50 thousands+ for the period from August 1 to October 31, 2019, in terms of GRPs% indicator. You may find more information on indicators and the definition of target audiences in TIC glossary.